Our National Distinction
Massage & Reflexology of Delaware, in the Wilmington/Newark/Pike Creek area, has become a National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) Center of Excellence. Massage & Reflexology of Delaware achieved this distinction in many ways, including, promoting the highest professional standards in massage therapy, since 1991. Massage & Reflexology of Delaware is the only practice in Delaware and 1 of only 14 Centers in the United States, to attain such a distinction.
As an NCBTMB Center of Excellence, Massage & Reflexology of Delaware employs massage therapists and bodyworkers who uphold the profession’s ideal measure of excellence and professionalism. These nationally certified practitioners have demonstrated the highest level of competency, by passing a national board exam. In addition, they adhere to NCBTMB’s rigorous Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, to ensure that the integrity and safety of all clients are protected.
“National certification is widely considered the highest standard in the field. We are proud to welcome Massage & Reflexology of Delaware into our Center of Excellence program,” said Donna Feeley, Chair, NCBTMB Board of Directors.
“Becoming an NCBTMB Center of Excellence speaks to Massage & Reflexology of Delaware’s commitment to excellence, ethics and experience,” Feeley added. “It offers reassurance to consumers and helps build trust because they know that only nationally certified massage therapists and/or bodyworkers are employed here.” It is the gold standard of the massage therapy and bodywork profession. Serving the state of Delaware since 1991.
All massage therapists are Nationally Certified by the NCBTMB (National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork), as well as the State of Delaware Board of Massage & Bodywork.
We take into account the effects of our therapy on every major system of the body. There are definitely contradictions and allowances to be made for every individual and every condition. Our track record of over 25 yrs. of proven results, assures you that you are “in good hands.”
About the Owner
Terry Meyer started her career in 1991, leaving the medical profession to open Holistic Health Enhancement, in Lewes, Delaware. Relocating to Northern Delaware in 1996, she opened Holistic Health Enhancement Practice and School of Massage. Terry also became an approved continuing education provider for both the State of Delaware and the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
Terry has worked extensively with medical professionals throughout the state, including Doctors, Nurses, Chiropractors, and Psychologists. Changing the name in 2001 to Massage & Reflexology of Delaware, Terry continued to lecture publicly on the benefits of Massage, Reflexology and Stress Management throughout the local community.
A brief summary of her experience:
- Graduate International Institute of Massage Science – March 1991
- Worked extensively with Beebe Medical Center co-facilitating stress management and wellness workshops including meditation, diaphragmatic breathing, coping skills, incorporating massage into daily life, etc.
- Client base 75% physician referred.
- Established teacher/student relationship with clients and community to facilitate Holistic Health and Wellness.
- Participated in many community lectures to help increase awareness of holistic approach to health and wellness, as well as lectures on the importance of stress management at work and in the home.
- Trained nurses and community members in different holistic practices to be incorporated into their work and daily lives.
- Worked with physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors to establish new boundaries of safe touch for patients with physical and sexual abuse issues.
- Published weekly column in Cape Gazette, Lewes, DE, to inform community of the many benefits of Holistic Health.
- Developed and implemented the weekly radio show “Holistic Health and You”, WGMD 92FM, Lewes, DE.
- Former Board Member, Beebe Medical Center Department of Integrative Health.
- Licensed and Certified in Massage by the State of Delaware Board of Massage and Bodywork & The National Certification Board for
- Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.
- Instructor, Balance Point Institute, Wilmington, DE.
- Instructor, DMT School of Massage, Wilmington, DE.
- Previously Approved, State of Delaware Board of Education
- Past Approved provider, Delaware State Board of Massage & Bodywork
- Past Approved provider, Delaware State Board of Nursing
- Past Approved provider, Maryland State Massage Therapy Commission
- Past Approved Provider, National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- Owner/Instructor Holistic Health Enhancement, & Delaware School of Massage & Reflexology, LLC
- Owner/Operator Massage and Reflexology of Delaware, Private Practice.
- Wrote, produced and recorded the CD, INTIMATE INTERLUDE ~ A Couples Massage.
- Featured in “Delaware Woman Magazine”
- Guest speaker, “Nursing Mothers, Inc. Annual Parenting Conference
- Addressed Delaware State Senate Committee @ hearings on Massage Therapy
- Former Board Member, National Institute of Massage Therapy, Wilmington
- Private Practice Awarded “Center of Excellence”, National Certification Board Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (1 of 14 in the entire United States)